Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: None

Re: How to Light the Flash

thanks you, i turn on the camera :

CameraArguments  app_camera = new CameraArguments(CameraArguments.ARG_VIDEO_RECORDER);
        Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_CAMERA, app_camera); 

but, now how to turn the FLash ? and how to Hide the Camera ?

New Developer
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

This:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Modify-Camera-Example-to-enable-Flash/m-p/53...

Plus following that solution recomendation will make it work.

Search is your friend do not be afraid to use it!

Contributor

yes it work but i already done that, but it don't give the way to put the Flash, neither how to Hide the camera with a black screen.
Thanks

New Developer

Doubt anyone that has it working will actually show you.

If you didn't notice there's still a big market for fully working flashlight app and whoever gets it more functional will lead the market.

The functions to acess it are there, only advice from that point forward is dont expect someone to give you a working code, debug try and eventually you'll start seing flash on and then have issues keeping it on.

Contributor

i am new to java ( C++ experimented ), and new to blackberry programming, i am not trying to make a light, but an Notifier. i had been keeping out for 4 days.

New Developer

One thing you must realize is that some area's which are still in dispute for market share you won't find much help. After all there is money involved.

In any case, you're trying to force trigger the light without bypassing security of the Cam itself.

Which is why its not working.

Visitor
My Device: unknown
My Carrier: student

Can we run it in a thread and hide the camera screen while pushing into a another screen.Is there a possibility?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

The light can be controlled a few different ways, but the people who've taken the time to figure it out are those who have flashlight apps on the market and it's not in our interests to clue any competitors in on our methods.  There's still a lot of money in flashlights despite that they're considered "a joke", and even the people who publish free ones won't want to lose market share because it's good promotion.  Look where such apps are in the rankings, whether paid or free they are downloaded by the bazillions, and there are 30+ competitors, so every little edge counts.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello,

All that Backlight and Flashlight happens in event.. Please see the notificationdemo.

Regards