Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

How to access HTTPS sites on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.13.0.88 for Storm 2 9550

Currently enabled the internet conncetivity via proxy for BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator for  Storm 2 9550 using MDS 4.1.4. All HTTP Connections are working fine but HTTPS connections are returning error message like:

The selected server returned an error while attempting to fulfill you request

So is there any way to access HTTPS sites on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. Really confused as at som forum its posted as its not possible to get HTTPS access via BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator

Please reply on this issue.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to access HTTPS sites on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.13.0.88 for Storm 2 9550

HTTPS is supported on the BlackBerry Smartphone simulator however the MDS-CS simulator does not support HTTPS connections through proxies. The following article states this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Configure-the-BlackBerry-MDS-Simulator...

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

Re: How to access HTTPS sites on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.13.0.88 for Storm 2 9550

I need a way to access HTTPS connectionon simulator.Please suggest the way

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

You would need to be in an area that doesn't require a proxy to connect to the Internet. The MDS-CS simulator can handle HTTPS fine, just not when a proxy is present.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!