Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to add MapQuest library

I've downloaded the MapQuest java library, and added it to my BlackBerry project as a "referenced library".  I can compile just fine, and get "intellisense" when I edit code using the MQ library.

However, when I try and run I get a build error "Description Resource Path Location Type
Error!: Error: preverifier failed: C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.7\components\bin\preverify.exe ... GeoAppt  line 0 BlackBerry Java Problem" basically stating there is a "preverify" problem.

Perhaps I've added the library the wrong way. How can I get around this error?

I am using Eclipse 3.4.2, and have the Rim component pack 5.0.0_5.0.07 with the JDE plug-in for Eclipse...

Currently running Windows XP SP3 on a 32bit machine.

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to add MapQuest library

Unfortunately from what I checked, the library is written for a desktop application. It might be possible to put a post up on MapQuest's forums asking if they can make a modified version for BlackBerry but it would probably be a good amount of time before they get back to you with a finished library, and that's if they even do it.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Robosoft

Hi, can you please tell me where is the MapQuest library for BlackBerry available for download? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

there is none, as you would see if you read the post before yours.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter