Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

How to add menuitem in my app that would open bluetooth setup already on the device?

Does anyone know how to add a menuitem that would be like a short cut to the bluetooth setup screen that is already on the phone?  I know how to add menuitems, just trying to figure out how to create one to open an existing page.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How to add menuitem in my app that would open bluetooth setup already on the device?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to add menuitem in my app that would open bluetooth setup already on the device?

I think this question has been asked before - you might find it if you search.  From memory, the answer is that this is not supported. 

Contributor

Thanks Peter.  I have searched the web for this info but haven't found anything saying it possible or not.  Perhaps I am not searching with the correct terms.  I have used "blackberry native bluetooth setup screen" today and didn't find anything that pertains to app development.  I don't recall the terms I used last month.  Do you have any suggestions for terms to search?  Thanks for your help.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I meant search on the forum.  I've just done one and found this, something to try and perhaps I am wrong!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/launch-Bluetooth-app-to-turn-on-off/m-p/3955...

Contributor

I didn't think to search the forum, but will do that first from now on.  Thanks Peter.  That link was exactly what I was looking for.