Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to cancel a call

Hi everyone,

I am developing a software which need to listen user making calls, and cancel them. At begining I was using the Keystroke Injection to end calls when the "callInitiated()" method was invoked, but it didn't work well with all of the BlackBerry phones,but recently I found there must be some way to cancel a call before it is initiated because some commercial apps are already done it.

Did anyone know how to do this?

Any reply is apperciated.

My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to cancel a call

The current assumption is that interprocess communication is used.
officially there is no way to end a call as several officials already said in similar threads (they seem to return from time to time).

All of the people who figured out to do it are clinging to their secred (understandable). i did not have any time to try to solve it myself, happy digging.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to cancel a call

[ Edited ]

Hi simon_hain,

Thanks for the reply. 

The officials said BB API doesn't provide the ability to end a call programmaticly, but it doesn't mean we can't end a call in a indirect way right?

and also doesn't mean we can't cancel it before the call start. which can't count as END Smiley Happy

Message Edited by plumpbird on 09-09-2008 05:58 AM