Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to connect serial port device to the Blackberry simulator without Casira

Is there any program that can interface with the Blackberry simulator to connect it to a device plugged in to the serial port of the computer to fake a Bluetooth connection?  I can't believe that Casira is the only way to do this.  Does Casira offer some sort of free demo version of their program?  I've looked everywhere but haven't found one.  I don't need an actual bluetooth receiver but just the software to feed the serial port data to the simulator (and I guess convince the simulator that the serial port data is from a Bluetooth device).   Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to connect serial port device to the Blackberry simulator without Casira

I am not aware of any device that will help with this.

Two suggestions:

a) You can write some sort of test rig, that will feed a script of data as though it was coming from a Bluetooth device.  I have done this in the past - it doesn't test the Bluetooth processing, but it does enable you to drive the application program.

b) It is not actually that difficult to test on the device.  Bit painful to recompile and reload, but if you have a test rig like (a), then you are only testing the Bluetooth part, which you are not going to be able to test with a Serial connection anyway.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to connect serial port device to the Blackberry simulator without Casira

Hello Peter

I have got a CASIRA kit and I am running standard Bluetooth v2.0 OEM firmware configured as HCI Device. I am unable to establish any communication with BB Simulator. Is there a special firmware that I need to run on CASIRA. I have tried the CASIRA on all baudrates but I believe it used 115200 N 1 setting.

Please provide some solution to this problem. 

Thanks 

Sumeet