Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to create a web launcher icon?

I got the impression that you icon did not launch the Browser correctly.  I don't think that is elated to Vista or XP.  Anyway, let us know if you still have a problem and, if so, what the problem is.
Developer

No the icon isn't the problem with the os it was my code. The problem with me not being able to sign keys or actually even compile my code and run it on the simulator was a problem with the os I think. I have an almost new install of vista with java and everything installed and it wont let me compile and run the application on the simulator. On my virtural XP machine I have the same version of java and everything and I run the same code and it runs it with no problems at all. It will also let me sign the programs on XP but not vista. Anyways I got it all sorted out and everything works great. Thanks everyone for your help.
Developer

I'm having an issue here

I used Blackberry development enviroment 4.6.1 to do this, and on their emulator, a blackberry 8900 worked perfectly. I only added a browser call before the call to the page so it would open the browser, still i'm having this issue

Most of my end users are working on Blackberrys 8700g, which have SO 4.1.0.377, so, which JDE should I use to make it work on those

Developer

You need JDE 4.1.

Also review this KB article.

How To - Invoke the default browser
Article Number: DB-00010

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800440/How_To_...

New Developer

Good day everyone, I am in need of the something here butalso need to be able to disrupt the bookmark/Icon to other blackberrys. I workfor a software company we have a mobile version of our app and a majority ofour users have blackberries they would like to have an icon they can click onand directs them to our web/app URL. I see there are a few options here cansomeone advise me to the best one and maybe post the complete code please?   

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i posted the complete code in this thread.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

Sorry I did see that quick question. What version of JDE should I be using to get the best results?
New Developer

plzzzz help...

I have problem when I build my work the JDE say :

Building launcher
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet  import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar codename=launcher launcher.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\bin\tt.co.id.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\bin\icon.png"
I/O Error: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Error while building project

I am using JDE 4.7.0

what should I do?

Developer
Developer

Is the icon.png file in the same folder as the java files you compile`
New Developer

yes, the icon.png is in the same folder. I put the file in bin folder, same like the java file.