Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: NA

How to create an Auto-Complete editfield using BlackBerry JDE4.7?

Hi All,

I am developing a UI screen where i have added an editfield in BlackBerry JDE4.7 . Now, I want to show auto-complete in the editfield on key-press in the editfield itself. It would check the characters entered in the field and search in a particular collection of Data(e.g. BasicFilteredList) and show the results as an auto-complete. I have done it using JDE 6.0 but AutoCompleteField is not supported in the BlackBerry OS version lesser than 5.0. Please help me as I am struck in it for quite a long time.Thanking in advance for all your valuable responses.

I have followed the following link to achieve the same in BB OS v5.0 .

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/17971/Create_an_autocomplete_field_from_datase...

Chinmay Kumar.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to create an Auto-Complete editfield using BlackBerry JDE4.7?

Maybe an objectchoicefield with the autocompletion choices in a popupscreen which hides on keychar and propagates the event to the underlying screen.
for the choices you could use a patricia tree, you would have to implement it yourself though.

personally i would just say "feature available since os 5", all devices that had 4.7 are eglible for update to 5.0 afaik.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter