Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

How to delete BBM proxy app+ BBM connected app

[ Edited ]

hi guys,

My app is a BBM connected app. It has a proxy app which checks whether the user can continue to our app based on the BBM requirements. The proxy app icon is visible in the BB Os. I have seen that , when the user deletes the proxy app, It doesnt delete my BBM connected app. I would like both the apps to get deleted when the user deletes the proxy app. I am sure it is possible to achieve this but i dont know how. can any one help please?

Developer

Re: How to delete BBM proxy app+ BBM connected app

hello,

I am sure many of you have come across this issue. Any one ?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My experience is if all the cods have been installed together (alx or jad or App World), they will get deleted together.  How are you installing these cods?

Developer

I install it using the jad which has reference to my app.cod and app_proxy.cod. I was expecting the behaviour you have seen but for some reason it leaves the app module behind and deletes only the app_proxy module
Developer

I'd like to say that was impossible, because it it happened that way there would be thousands of phones out there with my apps that would fail, but clearly that is what you are seeing.  Smiley Sad

Can I suggest that you clear down the phone, remove all remnants of your app, making sure that you check for your modules - go into Options, Applications and then display all the modules on the phone and check they have been removed too, remove them individually if you have too.  If you have problems with this, javaLoader will usually kill anything you can't get rid of via the Options/Applications route.  Then try the install and delete again.  If that still fails to delete everything, then I think I'd like to see the jad. 

Developer

It seems we Update the jad of the application app to add the proxy app cod. Should it be the other way, so we update the jad for the proxy app by adding the bbm connected app into the proxy app jad? Perhaps thats the reason why ,when i delete the proxy app, it doesnt delete the other module because it doesnt know about the other module?

Developer

In a similar situation, I use the main application cod, which is a library, and add the startup cod (which is a real UiApplication and is sort of your proxy cod) and then the BBM cod to that jad, to use it.  So my initial thought is "no this is not the problem".  But worth a try!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8110
My Carrier: Generic

Hi,

I just stumbled upon the same issue while testing my app. But in my case the app gets deleted correctly from 'Options->Applications' but not if I try to delete the app from 'Home Screen'.

When I delete the app from 'Options->Applications' a restart is required to delete the app. However, when I delete the app from 'Home Screen' pressing Blackberry menu key and selecting 'Delete' from the menu a restart is not required(the phone doesn't display a pop up screen saying a 'restart required')

I got a BBM app that uses a proxy as a 'launcher'(same as BBMSDKDemo). I update my JAD the same way peter_strange does(main app as a library and adding proxy cod)

Are you guys facing the same issue or every time you delete the app just the proxy gets deleted regardless of the method you use to delete your app?

Thank you very much in advance

Regards