Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to determine whether Mass Storage Mode is enabled?

How about have the app check at device bootup if it can connect to media card, then note the result of that in the runtime store if the autostart thread will terminate, or else just in a variable if your app has an autostart thread that stays running.  The result of that check should let you know if there's a card or not, if it's made in a startup tier before mass storage could have been enabled.  Later you can use the result of that initial connection plus the current ability to connect to the media card, to know if mass storage mode is on or not.

Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

@ 

I don't agree.

You've mixed a lot of propositions in your answer.

The question that the original poster had was: To properly detect if User can write on SDcard

Because the when  MS is active and user plugged in the USB to a computer, the SDcard is not accessible.

If you only check the status on boot-up, that's not real plug-and-play check, right Smiley Wink ?

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

If a file connection can be made to media card during bootup but not at a later time, shouldn't that mean there is a media card but it's currently inaccessible probably due to mass storage mode?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

@

yes. 

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"