Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

How to do an Image zooming as well as corpp the specified portion of an image.

[ Edited ]

Hi Friends,

Can anyone please help me to do this. i saw some of the bb applications. how can i do a zooming and cropping an Image. please check this image i attached and please help me to solve this thing.

screenshot_ultimate_free.jpg

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Bh1r1th

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to do an Image zooming as well as crop the specified portion of an image.

What have you tried?  Have you searched the forum for similar Threads?  What is wrong with what they have suggested?  What OS Levels are you targeting?

Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

Re: How to do an Image zooming as well as crop the specified portion of an image.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the replay.

yes i am tried i searched in the forum but i did not get the exact result that's why i posted this on forum.

I am targeting from 4.5 Os. and can u please tell me some threads on the forum that will solve my prob.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I typed crop in the Search box, the first hit I got was:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Cropping-of-image/m-p/487968

Looks a perfect solution.

I typed zoom in, the first hit I got was:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Zoom-on-Bitmap-Field/m-p/20561

The method used in this is old, but since you are targetting OS 4.5 you can't use Bitmap.scaleInto. 

I appreciate that these may not be exact answers but you are a programmer - you can take up the challenge!

Anyway, you will find more like this if you search again, having done your search and reviewed the Threads, what more do you need to know?