Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8310 Rogers
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to ensure that all the security prompts appear immediately after the application is installed?

Hi

We have a small blackberry application which uses GPS. The application sends telemetry data i.e. GPS location to the server via email.

We can send an email from the server so that application will stop sending the GPS location emails to servers. (STOP Command from server).

As well we can send START command from server to application via email so that the application again start sending GPS location to server.

Now, whenever we send a START Command to server and application processes it, following two thing happens.

1) The entire phone locks up.  After several minutes, a message is displayed on the Blackberry screen with the following text:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(76) is not responding; process terminated

2) Also, the GPS security prompts are not appearing immediately after the application is installed - instead they appear the moment a START command is received, and often the application locks up before the user can accept.

Please help.

Thanks.

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to ensure that all the security prompts appear immediately after the application is installed?

Are you asking for the correct permissions using the ApplicationPermissionsManager? If not that is why they are not requested on instal.

Developer

Re: How to ensure that all the security prompts appear immediately after the application is installed?

No. We are not asking for the correct permissions using the ApplicationPermissionsManager. Do we have to do that ?

How do we know the applications for which we need to ask permissions for?

How does ApplicationPermissionsManager works ?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Have a look at the ApplicationPermissionsDemo sample.

In addition, there is a video on this in the Resources section of the developer web site.  Have a look at that. 

Before you rush off to do this, does this process run successfully on the Simulator?  I'm concerned that you have a more fundamental problem. 

Also what OS level are you developing and what OS Level are the phones you are installing on?

Developer

The application runs properly on the simulator only if the device security is disabled.

If its enabled, security prompts keep appearing, but app runs fine.

What could be the fundamental problem to this?

Please help as this is very urgent.

Thanks.