Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

How to get location or path of apps that are installed on device memory and their size

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I want to get location or path of apps that are installed on device memory or phone memory and how to get their size. how to do this please explain

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get location or path of apps that are installed on device memory

[ Edited ]

The concept of an application path does not exist on BBOS devices.  Applications are located in the persistent memory of the device as Applications.

I am not sure what is behind this question.  If you can explain what you intend to do with tthis informaiton once you find it out, that might help us answer your question. 

New Developer
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Thanks for you quick reply, actually i am creating an application in which i need to backup information of installed in sqllite db like appname,module name,size,location anyway can you tell me how to get size of installed app
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I would search the forum (and eslewhere) before asking questions like this, because

a) You will find out if someone else has asked a similar question

b) You will need to research the problem a little so you will understand what you are doing better

c) You wil research the answers and therefore understand what you are doing better.

Anyway have a look at the CodeModuleManager API to see if it provides you with the informaiton that you want to add to your database.  If it does not, search to see if someone else has asked similar quesitons - I think you will find they have.