Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to implement Reverse Geocoding ?

Hi,

I want to implement Reverse Geocoding , am having latitude & longitude coordinates information & want to retreive address info using Reverse Geocoding...............how can it be implemented for BB OS 4.5 until 5.0

Any kind of help would be appreciated ......................

Thanks in advance

Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

Re: How to implement Reverse Geocoding ?

You can use Google's geocoding service if you have connection to the Internet.

http://code.google.com/intl/hr-HR/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#ReverseGeocoding

Developer

Hi Sleepymg, Thanks for the reply .I had a look into the google service API.......but it is returning JSON object & code here is given of javascript.......how shall i parse JSON object to address information ?........., also from where i will get there API's to import ?........can u give me any example or code or any kind demo code...........
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

there are JSON implementations for blackberry available.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer

Thanks simon, for reply......................

Iam sorry but i don't have any reference of code or any demo of JSON implementation..................Can u plz guide me where JSON implementation is & how shall i use that implementation......................

Also can u plz tell what files i have to import of google api service for reverse geocoding.................

Plz guide me ...............Thanks in advance.....................

Developer

Does anyone else having any idea about it .....................?

Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

Sry for my last reply, i gave you a wrong URL. What you need is Google's web service: http://code.google.com/intl/hr-HR/apis/maps/documentation/geocoding/index.html You need to send HTTP GET request with defined parameters and then you get HTTP response with data you need (in XML or JSON). You can then parse those data and use it. If you need only address you can parse the data by your own because it's easy to find only one field that you need (address). Other option is to parse it with DOM or JSON parsers. Article about XML parsing is at: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800599/How_To_...