01-29-2011 09:21 AM
I found this article with info about signing:
The article above had no info about how to install BlackBerry Code Signing Keys on BB JDE, just the JDE plugin for eclipse and other IDE's. So how can I install the signing keys on BB JDE?
I assume the build-> request signature option will be available once I have installed the keys? It is greyed on now.
01-29-2011 10:04 AM - edited 01-29-2011 10:05 AM
In the email you received with key files there must be an instruction how to install them.
If RIM has changed instruction only for Eclipse, ok then.
Below, there is an excerpt of email I received long time ago with keys, there is an instruction how to install keys on JDE.
Extract all received key files to JDE/bin folder and follow the instruction provided below:
The following attachment will allow the BlackBerry SignatureTool to register with the Signing Authority. Please ensure that the BlackBerry Java Development Environment or BlackBerry Java Development Environment Component Package has been installed onto the workstation that will be used to sign your BlackBerry Java applications.
To register the attachment, please follow the instructions below:
1) Double-click on the attachment.
2) If a dialog box appears that states that a private key cannot be found, complete steps 3 through 6 before you continue. Otherwise, proceed to step 7.
3) Click "Yes" to create a new key pair file.
4) Type a password for your private key, and type it again to confirm.
5) Click "Ok"
6) Move your mouse to generate date for a new private key.
7) In the "Registration PIN" field, type the PIN number that you supplied on the signature key request form.
8) In the Private Key password field, type a password of at least 8 characters. This is your private key password, which protects your private key. Please remember this password as you will be prompted for it each time signing is attempted.
9) Click "Register".
10) Click "Exit".
Note: All 3 keys (RBB, RCR, RRT) received should be installed on the same PC. The same password must be specified for all keys on the same PC.
For further information on BlackBerry Controlled APIs and signing of applications, please refer to the BlackBerry Signature Tool Developer Guide version 4.2.0, found at the following link:
Please note: When registering with the signing authority, ensure that you have correctly entered your registration PIN number. If you enter the incorrect PIN 5 times, your keys will be deactivated.
If you are having difficulty installing or registering your signature keys please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
02-02-2011 03:00 AM
I see, but I am not sure if I need BlackBerry Code Signing Keys, so I haven't ordered any yet. I need to use this for AT&T appcenter. There is more information about this issue in this thread: