Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to install JDE Component Packages

The subject says it all. I've gotten the Eclipse plug-in installed which came with JDE 4.5.0 but I want the other JDE's installed as well to be recognized by Eclipse (ie. 4.3, 4.6, etc.). I've done a search for this simple question and every thread I've come across is a problem with installing the plug-in, not the component packages. I've gone through the video tutorial which only shows how to install the plugin, and the readme for the component package seems to explain everything but how to install it. I've looked through the .zip for the component packages and they include the features + plugins folders and an xml file. Everyone seems to be able to install it without problems. I feel very stupid. Is this step too easy to even document anywhere??

Thanks for any help in advance.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to install JDE Component Packages

I hate how I always find the answer after I post the thread. The component package installation instruction was described along with the plug-in installation under the Eclipse plug-in download page.