Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

How to integrate fb,twitter and linked in

Hi

I want to make an app that contains facebook,twitter and linked in.

When the user click on any of the link, then signin page is opened and if the user is authenticate then i got the message welcome and if not then also prints the message.

How to do this?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to integrate fb,twitter and linked in

Similar questions have been asked about Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn before.  You can search as well as we can so have a go, find matching Threads, review them, and come back to us if you have further questions. 

Forums Advisor I

I just want that when i click the fb,twitter or linked in button, the login page gets opened and the user enters the id and password and then get a message that user is successfully logged in.And again when the user clicks on fb button the user gets logged out.

If he is logged in the button image should be different and when he loged out the button image should be different. Same with twitter and linked in.

Developer

Why would the user not just click on the Facebook or Twitter icon on the home screen?  What advantages does using your button have for the user?

Forums Advisor I

I can use either the button or the icon,thats not the issue.

But the problem is i want that after the successfull login instead of going to the home page i get a message that the user is successfully login and if i click on the same  icon the user gets logout.

Developer

I understand what you are trying to do.  The reason I keep asking you these questions is that I don't think you have understood what this actually means nor thought through the implications.  Remember that users do not log on to Twitter - applications do.  One of the applications on the device is a Twitter client, which gives you full access to Twitter.  Other applications on the device also use Twitter and can ask you to log on - but these applications will be providing access to your Twitter as the Application, so the Application can tweet directly on your behalf.  So you have to give these applications access to Twitter.  Same for Facebook.  Don't know about LinkedIn, but expect it is the same. 

Some more questions, let us use Twitter as the example:

1) What OS levels do you expect this to work on?

2) When you press the Twitter login button, what application are you attempting to login to Twitter. 

3) Assuming the user does start your application, then presses the login button for Twitter, then closes your application, what can they do with Twitter? 

4) What is the benefit to the user?

Forums Advisor I

I want to access fb,twitter and linked in to share something through my app.

But right now i have nothing to share so just have to ask the user to signin the login form. What i have to do for that is not clear to me.

I am working on OS 6 and 7.

Developer

Please search the forum, I suggest looking specifically for twitter and facebook.  What you want has been requested previously, so I'm sorry, I see no reason to repeat the informaiton in this Thread. 

If you don't understand something in one of the other Threads, please come back to us asking for an explanation. 

Forums Advisor I

Developer

I would actually recommend that you use the twitter API you can pick up from here:

https://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime/pages/Home

I have added the Facebook API from the same place - it relies on the twitter API, and got both working. 

I will be publishing my integration over the weekend I hope, it is very simple.  Watch this Thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Twitter-integration-exception/td-p/2472381

I found the sourceforge facebook integration a bit flakey and difficult to understand.