Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

How to lock the UI??

Hi,

I want to lock the UI when performing some Action. Is there any way to lock the UI so that user can't do anything like - 'Menu list', 'Button Action', 'Back' ??

Please give me solutions for this, if it is possible..

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to lock the UI??

I push a popup screen, and then make sure that the user can't dismiss it until I have finished doing what I want to do.

This does not prevent the user using the switch option or putting the application into the background by pressing the 'red' call closed key.

If you want to lock the whole device, i.e. stop the user doing anything, then you can push a Global screen.  But this is a bit hostile to users I think, I would just lock your own application. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks Peter,

Please send me snippet whatever you have used to create that loader screen which can block the UI??

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AirTel

Hi Ankit,

Push the popup screen means just normal screen extends popup and that screen overwrite close method and esc key to close the screen and when ever ur process completed then just pop the screen. Its just like a loading screen when ever we are using to load any data comming from webservices or any page.

Regards,
lakshman K

----------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Have look at this KB article for sample code that does pretty much what you want. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Create-a-splash-screen/ta-p/444959

This is a FullScreen, but for a PopupScreen the coding is very similar.