Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

How to read data from different InstantMessenger folders pragmatically in blackberry..?

[ Edited ]

Hi Friends,

When we go to View Folder option from the Menu of SMS/Messages Application.....

9000-1.jpg

.......we find the list of folders like...

9000-1-01.jpg

So is there any way to open/read different Folders like SMS Inbox, SMS Outbox, Browser Messengers from BlackBerry device programatically (through third party application.)

My Third Party application's requirement is - I want to get/read data from folders created by different messenger applications like - "WhatsApp, Gtalk, Facebook Chat Messenger, Yahoo Messenger".

We can get the Mail-Messages through Mail API - net.rim.blackberry.api.mail But is this possible to get the messages of another Messengers....if any installed on the device......like "what's app", "yahoo messenger" etc.

"WhatsApp" creates its Folder named - "WhatsApp (WhatsApp)" in the Folder list. But till yet I am not confirmed that all the Instant Messengers, create their folders or not.

Is there any direct path value to open these folders from the system or any API to read these Messenger Folders programatically.

Please help if there is any way to do this....

Thanks, Rajani

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to read data from different InstantMessenger folders pragmatically in blackberry..?

you can check the folder api, but of course 3rd party apps are not required to use this mechanism.
some folders, like the sms ones, are also not accessible using the api.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How to read data from different InstantMessenger folders pragmatically in blackberry..?

[ Edited ]

Hi simon, would u please make clear ur point......or explin in detail.

you can check the folder api, but of course 3rd party apps are not required to use this mechanism.....???

As I mentioned that I need to open and read only Messenger Folders, whatever created by different Messenger Applications, like WhatsApp  or any other  from my "Third party Application".

so is this possible to open and read data from Folders (except for BBM Folders)  from third party application. Is there any API for doing that...???

thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i've never tried, so go ahead, use the availabe APIs and check it Smiley Happy
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter