Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to rotate an image?

Hi, Are there any restrictions on using the code snippet ? For commercial or other use?
New Developer

go nuts!  all yours as-is with no warranty

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Peter posted this in the previously linked post, but to rotate on a BB you should look into using the code here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Rotate-and-scale-bitmaps/ta-p/492524

It works very well and is most likely faster than the code provided couple posts back.

Developer

Hi,

I have one image like Arrow.

i want to rotate it from y co-ordinate.x co-ordinate is fix.

i just want to change the value of y co-ordinates.

so how could i do it?

Thank you for reply.......

Developer

[ Edited ]

Can you tell us why the code supplied here already does not work for you?

Just seen this, looks like a similar requirement.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Image-rotate-at-fixed-point/td-p/979423

I suspect when you say 'x', you don't mean x, you mean origin.  So you have a point (not the x coordinate of a point, that is fixed and you wish to rotate around that?

If you search round you will find that the math is pretty well documented in a number of places, you just need to implement it - the code given on this Thread should help.  But review my post in the other Thread.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9930 simulator
My Carrier: blackberry

plzz write full code i cant under stand how to use  im new user of balckberry and also java. i have a task to make an application  where pictures r circularly rotating in main screen

Developer

Welcome to the forums.

If I understand your requirement correctly, you are after a sample of code that is continuously rotating images.

If these images are not changing, then you can use this KB article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Display-an-animated-GIF/ta-p/445014

You will supply the animated gif yourself.

If you wish to take a picture, for example something the BlackBerry user has photographed, and rotate that, then there is no existing sample that I am aware of that does what you want.  You will have to write it.  We are here to help you do this. 

Since you are new to Java, I recommend that you learn the basics on a platform that is easier, such as on your PC.  You can get one of those books that teach you the basics (like Object inheritance, operators, and so on) before you start trying to work around the difficulties of coding for the BlackBerry. 

New Contributor

how to supply images imean there is no location for give  res folder path plz its a request to write fuil program

where   4 to 5  pics moving in main screeen circularly so  i can understand full program and its functionality

Developer

Sorry I am not clear on what you are asking here.  Can you try to explain again?

You say

"plz its a request to write fuil program"

Are you going to pay for this program?

New Contributor

hmmm no im  a student its my assigmentSmiley Sad