Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to send MMS?

Hi,

you are right. Its only possible to open the default mms application on device using a new mms without

any entries. Poor api.... but thats fact for today.

Elsethere i tried to send and receive mms programatically too, but never had success with that because

device side throwed a exception (not allowed).

Regards,

Jochen

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply, Jochen, however I couldn't even get a blank MMS to come-up. When I use the following code:

Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_MESSAGES, new MessageArguments(MessageArguments.ARG_NEW_MMS));

I simply get an exception. I think it was a "could not invoke internal application" or something like that. Could you show me the code you're using to successfully open a blank MMS?

Message Edited by GeekyDad on 03-31-2009 05:08 PM
Developer

Hello EveryBody,

I am trying the same code on storm ( OS 4.7), but it just send the MMS without an image attachment.

Does it require any special permission ?

can anyone explain me how to send MMS with image attachment on Blackberry storm device ?

Thanks in advance.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I have been able to reproduce this issue and have sent it to our development team.  We do not have a work around to provide at this time.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

I am simply wanting to invoke the MMS app passing a recipient's address. I would like it to open an MMS already addressed to this recipient and allow the user to enter text and send the message themselves. Is this possible? And if so, could someone include a code sample that actually works? I have had no luck with accomplishing this.

Mark, is this what you're saying is not possible?

Developer

Thank you very much MSohm for your response.

Please post your comments if you find any update or any solution on this issue.

I am waiting for your feedback....

Thanks in advance.

Developer

Hi,

Any luck for sending MMS? I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Developer

Hi,

Further i tried some thing more. I thought the message part might not be getting composed properly. So after composing message parts, i got the bytes back and got the String message and Image and displayed in LabelFIeld and BitmapField respectively. I was able to display them back. I i think code is composing the message part properly.

There is a hint above that this is a issue and Mark Sohm has forwared this to development team. As we have to attach image in MMS other wise for simple text we can use SMS. Does this mean there is no support for programmatically sending MMS from application in Blackberry? Has this issue been resolved Mark? Or any further updates that in Invoke we are able to pass attachment similar to email?

I haven't tried myself, but i guess this works on plain J2ME platform.

Please provide your opinion.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Developer

just to update,

I am able to send the picture MMS from my third party application on the latest Blackberry Tour ( 9630 ) device having OS 4.7.1.

but, I am not able to send the picture MMS from other blackberry devices ( other than Blackberry Tour ).

Is there any kind of patch or work around for this issue to use this feature on other Blackberry OS ( 4.3.0 to 4.7.0 ) ?

if yes then please let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: cdma

i occur with this problem too, difference is that i can send the picture of format PNG, but the phone which receive it get a file named "application01.stream",i don't know why,have you solve it ?