Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to set app icon on SWitch Application ribbon ?

My app use an alternate entry point to change app icon on home screen at startup ( HomeScreen.updateIcon() ). But icon on Switch Application ribbon is still default Blackberry app icon, not is my app icon on HomeScreen. Help me. Thanks !Smiley Indifferent

PPCLINK Blackberry Team
The Best Software for Smartphone World.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: How to set app icon on SWitch Application ribbon ?

Nothing I aware to change it.. I usually workaround this by setting the default icon as what I need in the Switch Application ribbon... And change the HomeScreen's where ever I need using the updateIcon method..

Cheers.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Javelin

I have a small icon (28 x 28) called icon.png in a res folder. The JAD midlet line refers to this icon, e.g.

MIDlet-1: whatever,res/icon.png,

Make sure this icon is built into the project of course. See if that works.

Developer

mantaker wrote:

Nothing I aware to change it.. I usually workaround this by setting the default icon as what I need in the Switch Application ribbon... And change the HomeScreen's where ever I need using the updateIcon method..

Cheers.. 

Hi, I was wondering if you could elaborate on this. I have the same problem as the OP.

The code to set the different homescreen icon states works fine using the calls to HomeScreen.updateIcon(). But the ribbon icon is always the default App icon.

I assume from what you say that there's some kind of "project default" icon that is the only way to get an icon into the ribbon, and I'm not setting it?

The only mention of icon in my build.xml file is this:

<property name="icon.64.name" value="Icon_64x64.png"/>

That filename is correct, but maybe the property name isn't?

Can you tell me what lines in your build.xml correspond to the "default icon" ? Or maybe I need to set it somewhere else?

Thanks.

Developer

The " HomeScreen.updateIcon()" should update the Task Switch icon, but does not in earlier OS's.  I think this was fixed in 4.7.