Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
08-01-2014 09:21 AM - edited 08-01-2014 09:23 AM
Hi, I just recently worked on pulling statuses from Facebook. Here's what I did:
Make an HTTP connection to the public Facebook feed. You can grab a public feed by using a url similar to
https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=<feed id here>&format=json
Once you've made the connection, make sure you parse the return string as UTF-8:
byte bytes = IOUtilities.streamToBytes(conn.openInputStream()); StringBuffer buff = new StringBuffer(new String(bytes, "UTF-8"));
One you've parsed the data as UTF-8 you can do something similar to the below code:
root = new JSONObject(output); JSONArray entries = root.getJSONArray("entries"); JSONObject entry_obj1 = entries.getJSONObject(0); JSONObject entry_obj2 = entries.getJSONObject(1); JSONObject entry_obj3 = entries.getJSONObject(2); String entry1 = TextUtils.unescapeHTML(entry_obj1.getString("title
").trim(),0); String entry2 = TextUtils.unescapeHTML(entry_obj2.getString("title ").trim(),0); String entry3 = TextUtils.unescapeHTML(entry_obj3.getString("title ").trim(),0);
In that code, I'm grabbing the array of entries from the JSON structure, and then grabbing the titles of the last 3 posts.
As far as Twitter goes, I actually gave up once I found out that you need to be authenticated in order to use their API. I couldn't get a twitter sdk for Java imported into Blackberry correctly so I gave up.