Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

How to show application message from the notification bar at the home screen on OS 6.0 with compilation of OS 5.0

Hi, expert, 

I implemented the ApplicationMessageFolder to add the application message to the device message box. We are also set the indicator on the notification bar. At OS 5.0, we could not click on the notification bar to see a message summary. From 6.0, we could do it, However although our application put new notification on the notification bar, it won't be shown on the message summary by clicking on the notification bar.

From this link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Application-Indicators-and-Home-Screen-Integ..., it says:

========================

Applications that add custom messages can specify whether or not they are displayed in the notification summary.  This is done using the ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig, which was added in BlackBerry Device Software version 6.0 as shown in the code sample below, which is an extension of the previous sample.  

===========================

However our application is built with 5.0 Java SDK since our minimal OS is 5.0. So doesn't that mean that there is no way we could do it? Thanks a lot in advance for any insight on this.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to show application message from the notification bar at the home screen on OS 6.0 with compilation of OS 5.0

you can use preprocessing, but it would require a separate os 6 build, then.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: How to show application message from the notification bar at the home screen on OS 6.0 with compilation of OS 5.0

Thanks for the reply. That's what I could think of as well, however we want to avoid it. For now, we decided not to do it.