Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to sign a libary ????? RIMAPPSA2 cant sign !!!

Hi, everybody,

i need add a project as a libary. But at fist i must sign this libary, and i cant sign this RIMAPPSA2 !!! 

How to sign a libaryproject ?

Need HELP !!!!!

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to sign a libary ????? RIMAPPSA2 cant sign !!!

RIMAPPSA2 is a private signing key that only RIM has. If you get this then you are using a non-public library class/interface/field/function.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Contributor

yes, i used my project as a libary. I can also put the whole files in 1 project, but it looks bad, and there r many java files.

So, sounds like i must put all of things in one big big project, right?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Not really what I meant. I meant that RIM has some functions and libraries that aren't supposed to be avalible to the average developer.

If you use those libraries or functions you get told you need a RIMAPPSA2 signing key (which you can't get).

You need to try to find what isn't public (or has been talked about on these forums that many people use). Then remove/replace them so you can sign your library.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Contributor

thx for the answer.

Is there maybe an other way to make a privat project as a library, and without signing problem?

New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

This is an attempt to clean up any confusion on this RIMAPPSA2 signature. A lot of people have this problem even though they are not using secret methods on purpose. There is a bug in the RIM tools, and in the RIM documents involving working with JAR files.

Some people get thie RIMAPPSA2 signature when trying to build a JAR file into their project.

It turns out there is a mistake in this doc, which many people follow: Working with Libraries - shared, bundled, releasing, and using 3rd Party SDKs

The trick is to build your "library" project as a MIDLET, not as an APPLICATION.

Following all steps from there on out leads to correct signing, and no longer getting the RIMAPPS2 signature required.

www.cobiinteractive.com
www.madmob.co.za