Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: blackberry developer

How to specify filename to a picture after taking photo

I am invoking the camera app and taking a picture and reading the file path.Everything works fine.Now the name with which the picture is being saved is being determined by the phone itself.What i want to know is that whether its possible to name to a picture while taking a photo.So that instead of saving the pic with a random name,it can take user specified name.And also is it possible to specify path as to where the picture should be saved after taking photo.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to specify filename to a picture after taking photo

If you are using the camera application to take the phone, then no - it saves the photo where the user tells it.  You can pick up on this using the Journal Listener, which is I presume what you are doing, so at that time, you can copy the photo to your own location.

Instead of invoking the camera, you can of course take the snapshot yourself - the CameraDemo provides an example of doing this.  You will have to manage the Ui yourself, but you get the bytes in the 'raw' and can save them where you like.  Personally I prefer to invoke the Camera, as I think it looks better and I really don't want to spend days recreating the Ui...

Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: blackberry developer

how to copy file from sdcard to my specified folder

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Use the FileConnection API.  There are plenty of examples.  Please search.