Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to stop the receiving of the emails in the device through programming?

There could be several uses for this, the one that is most common in an application like this that I developed is to be able to programmatically delete work emails while you are in the office looking at a desktop email viewer without having to remove and readd the email account or changing the options on your carriers BIS site.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: developer

All Emails? Do you actually want to remove RIM's email application or can people still use this as well as yours.  Is this only to view emails, what about sending them?

Can you briefly explain why you want to do this?   You think you have a better mail viewer than RIMs or is this some sort of security thing?  Seems like a lot of work for no real gain to me.

Reply to the above is : Yes ,all emails i want to stop coming on the device and i want to store it to the application and make the database for the emails for reading the character from them and use the context of them for further usage according to the requirement .

Generally ,you are right ,that would be very hard work but for no regain.,because ,we get all the functionality in the email viewer and i can directly use that email data by  extending the class  ApplicationMenuItem.

That the thing i will do for getting the data from all emails

Thanks for the responses all .It gives me the idea to use the data directly from the emails viewer.

Regards

Amrinder Singh

Regular Contributor

Hi Peter 

Below is the example for my application to be done :

For example : I am in my application .on the MAINSCREEN of my application ,there is the drop down box ,mentioning the time zone of selecting the time like 7:00 am .When i select the time 7:00 AM in my application ,at that time ,email arrives to my inbox .

Means before 7:00 AM the mail should not come to my inbox .It will only come after the 7:00AM to my inbox .

There is also a slider button ,when it is turned on ,mail stops to arrive on my inbox and at 7:00am ,emails starts arriving on my inbox

Above is the concept for making the application.Please help me in doing this .

Regards

Amrinder Singh

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I don't think what you are asking for is possible and to be honest, can not justify the time to look hard for something to help you do this because I see no value in doing this.  If someone came to me and asked me to write a program to do this, I would argue that it was not a good idea.  If they were still keen, I would tell them that it will cost loads of money and I have no guarantee that I could do it. 

Have you seen any other app do anything similar? 

You have explained what you are trying to do, but for me anyway, not why.  If you explained why you want to do this and we thought it was a good idea, we would be keener to help you. 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

There is a REX application called AlertMatrix that handles email notifications, and it allows you to "delay" notifications until a specific time period. However, it works in conjuction with the inbox - it doesn't bother to keep the mail out of the inbox, it simply controls all email notifications.

This application uses FolderLIstener to detect the incoming emails, and NotificationsManager to control the email notifications.

You might want to investigate this approach, because I'm not aware of any way to keep the mail out of the inbox.

Regular Contributor

Hi Peter 

Like ,when ever i am going for the sleep ,i could stop the mail for the 5-6 hours according to the time set by me.when the 5-6 hours is completed ,again mails start coming to my inbox automatically.

This is process ,which i am trying to do .

Regards

Amrinder Singh

Regular Contributor

HI 

By folder listerner ,i am able to make the notify to my application that the new mail arrived .

When ever the mail arrived ,on my application ,new mail arrived msg comes .

I want to delay the email for like 5 hours .How could i delay the coming of the email for 5 hours at the background in the application .Please suggest .

I shall be very tahnkful to you .please help me in finding the solution

Regards

Amrinder Singh

Regular Contributor

Hi 

Please help 

Regards

Amrinder Singh

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

If i go to sleep, my device goes into standby as i use the auto-off feature. Or i put it in standby myself. Or i switch it to silent.

The use-case you are trying to construct is already covered by other means.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor

Hi Simon

In this app ,there would be time scenario ,like means at 7:00 AM we will get all the mails  which is being stopped by us ,and at 10 :00 am ,, we will get the mails ,like this ,we will use the application .

There is already have a application named as alert matrix .Please help me in doing this .

Regards

Amrinder Singh