Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to use external fonts in SVG?

AFAIK the font is only accessible via SVG, it's not equivalent to FontManager.load()

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bouygues

What I'm saying is that SVG engine is not using the font defined in the svg file. Plus ExternalResourceHandler.requestResource is not invoked with the ttf URI specified in the svg file. And the Bold 9000 uses a default font.

May be the issue comes from the Bold 9000 simulator packaged in the 4.6.0.21 component pack.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Yes you're right, it's not pulling the font via the external resource handler, it's finding it as an embedded resource, for instance if I have a font named "LCD" and reference this font via the font-family attribute in SVG it will find and load the font if the ttf file is included as a resource (doesn't matter what the ttf file is called), not sure if this OS 4.6 only (haven't had a chance to do more testing).

I assumed it was working from an external file because I was switching between external SVG (with external ttf file) and embedded SVG and the font worked in both cases.

Sorry for the confusion!