Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to use images according to device?

Okay I see what you guys are saying.

@Rajat_10Sep by ANT you are refering to Apache ANT right? Any resources you might be able to lead me to that would help with this?

If I can't figure it out using ANT I'll do it manually as you guys suggested. Thanks. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yes this is the best way out of all suggestions. Bcos scalling a bitmap image will lead in to pixalation and aspect ratio (proportion) variations. Definetly there will be certain amount of customization is required during the build esp when we are targetting for multiple devices that are varying by screen dimensions.

Best practices:

1. Slicing the image and looping (in such a way any bit map designs to be done)

2. Avoid too much of complication in bitmap designs

3. Try to create the shapes through code whereever possible and cut down bitmap dependancy

4. Keep smaller/medium dimension screen size in mind and create objects. So that the same can be implemented on bigger versions. (The visibility/usability to be ensured while doing this)

i could think of these at the moment to keep generic images and cut down the file size of the applications

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8110
My Carrier: Generic

Hi everyone,

So, to sum up, if you have several folders inside your "res" folder like "480x320", "240x320", etc and inside those folders you put your images the only way to use those images properly according to every device is to use ANT.

Thanks in advance