Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

HttpConnection Failed

I couldn't establish HttpConnection. Its keep report IOException of IOCancelled, IOConnectionClosed, IOException: Failed to transmit in different timeing.

But long back [2months ago] the same application works perfectly fine.

Am using following connection parameters

deviceside=true;WapGatewayIP=100.1.200.99;WapGatewayAPN=blackberry.net;WapGatewayPort=9201

Is it gateway problem or OS problem?

guna.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HttpConnection Failed

What version of the BlackBerry JDE are you using?  What BlackBerry model and handheld software version are you testing on? 

Was it run on the same device using the same SIM card before?  Does your SIM card/account have access to connect over this APN?  Are you able to run the application in the BlackBerry Simulator?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Am using pearl 8100 and i have enabled data connection in my SIM [I can browse].

Am using the following URL for direct TCP connection in order to make HTTP connection.

URL String

=========

deviceside=true;wapgatewayip=<ip>;wapgatewayport=9201;apn=blackberry.net

This connection sometime get succeed but sometime its now get succeed. Is it any problem with WAP gateway or Is any rule gateway will impose to not grant any permission to any device that is exceed the no. of attempts?

guna.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The BlackBerry Browser does not use a direct TCP connection, so it is not a valid test to mirror the connection your application is creating.  You can read about the various connection routes here:

What Is - Different ways to make an HTTP or socket connection
Article Number: DB-00396

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

What happens when you connection fails?  Do you receive an exception?  If so, what is the exception and its toString details?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker