Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Huge .COD file suddenly

Hi,

I am in a process of developing a very rich UI based Blackberry app. The .cod file was about 2.5 MB but the last time I compiled, it went stright to 4.5 MB. I have not added any resource (images etc) just added a few classes.

But I did changed the location of my resources; previously I added images from "Blackberry Project properties" using eclipse, but I found out thats the wrong way to do it and then removed it from there and added them under "src" folder.

It has happened before that the .cod file suddnely gets bigger then after some time when compiled..comes back to the normal size...but this time I am not able to get it to a reasonable size.

Plz help me if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance,

Afzal

Developer

Re: Huge .COD file suddenly

Sily question - you have removed the old resources.

Developer

If you're using the JDE Plugin for Eclipse, see if this plugin all of a sudden decided to include all your source files (.java) as resources into .cod file (try grepping the file for some source code lines).

Developer

[ Edited ]

Peter_strange,

Yup

Developer

I checked out my code from another location and created a new workspace. The .COD file is now of much reasonable size. Although old workspace has the same problem.

Afzal

Highlighted
Developer

A friend of mine found the problem. It seems that Eclipse JDE plugin included all the SVN files in the .COD file ! when exported and created another workspace..it came down to 1 MB ! Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Oh man the same thing happened to me just now.  It's not the first time either.  Thanks for the tip.