Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I/O Error: CreateProcess error=2

I'm running Eclipse 3.5 w/ eJDE 1.1.2 (upgraded from 1.1 Beta) and the 4.2.1 component pack. After upgrading to the latest plug-in, I built my project (a library) successfully a couple of times. Now, after adding several new classes, builds fail with:

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Nothing about my environment variables, Java installation, or the component packs has changed (other than a new 5.0 pack, which I'm not using, that came with the plug-in upgrade).

The build process gets through the javac task (there are new .class files in the bin directory) but fails on the jar task, so I don't think that it's a path configuration issue. I've tried restarting my machine, cleaning the project (and manually deleting the remaining build artifacts), and refreshing the project in Eclipse's package explorer.

Since the last successful build, Eclipse has crashed a couple of times because of the content assist bug. I'd suspect that, except Eclipse has crashed lots of other times for the same reason Smiley Sad with no lasting harm. Also, I do have spaces in the project path (both in a parent directory and in the project name). I would suspect them, except that the project did build successfully at least twice since the plug-in upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I/O Error: CreateProcess error=2

Well, I solved my own problem. Somehow (and I honestly can't say how), my PATH didn't include the JDK bin. I included it (as per DB-00081) and all is well. So now, I suppose, my problem is to figure out how my PATH variable got changed. (I really don't expect an answer to that from the forum! Smiley Happy)

But here's a follow-up question that maybe someone could answer: Is it possible for the latest plug-in to successfully build a project if PATH does not include the Java bin directory?

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.