Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I am able to browse the device using desktop manager, when the device is locked.

Hi,

As per my understanding a locked device  can not browse through until it is unlocked.

But if  use the blackberry desktop manger, i am able to browse through the device.

I could access all the files on the device. Which is not correct ?

How do we prevent this using a APIs ?

Thanks,
Subba

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I am able to browse the device using desktop manager, when the device is locked.

What are you browsing here?  The SD Card?

Contributor

Re: I am able to browse the device using desktop manager, when the device is locked.

I could access install apps, uninstall apps. I could access every thing on the device when i connect using the desktop manger.

Developer

Once you have entered the password?

Contributor

Without asking for password, directly i am able to access the device ?Which is not corrent.

I tried the same by setting the password on the device, then it is prompting on the desktop manger.

Developer

So how is the device locked if it doesn't have a password?

Contributor

1) I am locking the device with password with my program. in this case it does not prompt for password on Desktop Manager. Looks like there is some issue with my program.

2) But if i set the password from   Setup->personalization->password->General->Set Password. in this case it is prompting for the password on Desktop Manager.

Please let me know , is there any API/piece of code which does the same functionality as #2?

Contributor

Can some one reply for my question ?
Contributor

1) I am locking the device with password with my program. in this case it does not prompt for password on Desktop Manager. Looks like there is some issue with my program.

2) But if i set the password from   Setup->personalization->password->General->Set Password. in this case it is prompting for the password on Desktop Manager.

Please let me know , is there any API/piece of code which does the same functionality as #2?

Highlighted
Developer

I've been delaying making my comment in the hope that someone else would say differently, but I am not aware of a way of doing this.