Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I have developed the application in JDE 4.2.0.

I have developed application in JDE 4.2.0. And there no API's for ApplicationPermissions. Any other ways?
Retired

Re: I have developed the application in JDE 4.2.0.

Could you outline in some more detail exactly what you are hoping to accomplish?

You only need to use the ApplicationPermissions API on the device if you would like to prompt the user in one shot for all of the permissions needed by your application.  This feature does not exist in the 4.2.0 handheld software which is why it is not available in the 4.2.0 JDE.  You could leverage the preprocessor capabilities announced at DevCon to add this functionality into your application using the 4.2.1 JDE for all future versions of the software that users might leverage.

Or you can let the system prompt for permissions of your application automatically based on what your application uses.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Developer

I have developed the application by using JDE 4.2.0 because the devices going to use this application starts from 8700c

which has a OS 4.2.0. So in this JDE there is no any API's for applicationPermissions. In the application I have used PhoneLogs to access the recent call list. When I am installing the application OTA, after installing when I am launching the application it asks that application is accessing Phonelogs. And I want to avoid that by automatic setting the permissions for the same. How to do it?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Developer

If you are pushing this application from a BES, then you can set the Permissions as part of the Profile.  If you are OTA  downloading, then you set the Permissions manually at the time of download, using the "set application permissions" check box.  I know it doesn't apply to you, but for completeness, if you are installing from a Desktop, then you can go through Options-->Advanced-->Applications, select the Application and set Permissions manually from there.