Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I need to track the application is there or not(at the time of uninstalling not before or after).Any doucmentary proof is there

Hi,

In my app i am  not going to check the status or monitor each and every time for the application is there are not.

if the user is deleting app at the same time, i should come to know the application is deleting.

if this is possible,let me know how it can be done.

if not possible,pls send me the doucmentary proff for the same.

any link or doc will be helpfull for showing this to client.

I am request you send me response with any doc link ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I need to track the application is there or not(at the time of uninstalling not before or after).Any doucmentary proof is there

So, to clarify, you wish to know how many users have downloaded and/or subsequently deleted your application in real-time? Download count is easy enough via AppWorld r related services, I believe, but I don't think there's a method that is inherently called on deletion. If there were it would a simple case of calling a web service of some kind which would increase a counter on your server, or something to that effect. In any case, I believe network traffic in some form or another would be required.

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX