Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9000; 8100
My Carrier: vodafone;itesalat

Ignoring certain files in the src directory

Hello,

I am working with blackberry plugin for Eclipse, I am using svn which puts .svn folder and some files in the src directory.

It seems that the compiler puts these files in the cod file which makes it bigger. I once had a .doc file in the src directory which increased the cod file size significantly. Of course I did not mean it, and I moved it later.

Some times I get errors like .svn/blah.blah is not found while compiling.

The question is how to tell the compiler to ignore certain files in the src directory.

Thanks for advance.

Developer
My Device: Storm

Re: Ignoring certain files in the src directory

try the following steps,

In Project Explorer window slect your project, Rigth click your project and click "Refresh"

try to clean the project and compile it. Project -> clean and then Project -> Build All

It may solve your problem

with regards,
Vignesh J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you get the answer and dont forget to give kudos if the answer is useful for you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Thanks zany

After these steps I get it to compile. But how can I tell the compiler to ignore these files at all as they are not necessary in the cod file.

Thanks again

Developer

i have not tried to make compiler to ignore a set of files at the time compiling and creating cod file. I think it is not possible.

with regards,
Vignesh J

Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you get the answer and dont forget to give kudos if the answer is useful for you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Right click on the file, select "BuildPath", then "Exclude"\

Developer

Thanks RexDoug, thanks for sharing with usSmiley Happy

with regards,
Vignesh J

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the information. It is really useful. But the folders i want to ignore are named .svn, they do not appear in the eclipse IDE. I think because the name is beginning with ".". And for MS Source Safe there is a file called vssver2.scc in the src folder, since it is a file this approach can not solve it. (Yes I am using 2 source control solutions one for personal use, and the other with the company main source safe server)

Thanks again.