Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Implementing an animation effect for the header

Hi

I have a requirement to print different options of an application in the lens of the camera To select the next option when user swipes to the left or rigt the effect of rotating should be shown. 

Is this kind of effect possible in Blackberry. I am attaching the image of the camera part with some text written using paint(Sorry its horrible). Please suggest a way to achieve this.Camer.JPG

Developer

Re: Implementing an animation effect for the header

I don't think I can help, but can we clarify the requirement here.

I presume the image we are looking at is the top view of a carrier lens.  You wish to 'pretend' that you writing is on that lens, and then allow the user to rotate the lens to chose various options.

If I am correct this is doubly difficult because you need to simulate the 'compression' of the text as it rotates down the lens and then remove it completely when it would be hidden underneath the lens.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Developer

Yes Peter,

The requirement is to give that rotation effect to the text. Is such thing possible in Blackberry ?

Developer

Can I use a gif image to achieve the rotation animation ???
Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

If you have an animated GIF, you can use that for animation effect - see the following article:

Display an animated GIF

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Developer

And just to answer the question, there is nothing in standard BB Java that will allow you to specify text that gets 'rotated' in this way.  There might be something in the vector graphics packages, but I'm not familiar with these.