Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-17-2008 08:52 AM
All, I've created a PushRegistry MIDlet that works just fine. However, because of architectural reasons, I have broken it up in such a way that part of it is now a JAR file. The other part of the MIDlet code is the actual MIDlet itself and the JAR file has some utility/helper classes. I've imported this into my MIDlet using Eclipse. It compiles fine. I also included my JAR file on the BlackBerry RAPC command line in the "import" flag. This works fine as well. However, when I try to load this onto my BlackBerry 8300, I get a, "The application"test" cannot be loaded because some required files are not available". What is the problem? I've looked high and low and can't seem to figure it out. I don't have any "vendor.xml" file either. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a deadline here. Thanks.
11-17-2008 10:29 AM
I just just got done testing a similar thing using all my own code and scripts and it seems to work in that
the one app can find the other app class defs, at least if compiled as a library I haven't tried it as a jar file.
Take a look at the jad file for anything you need but isn't likely resident on your phone.
AFAIK, your loader can only complain about things it finds here in your jad file,
If you can identify your library in a line like the above, I think ( someone correct me on details if wrong as I'm making up parts of this LOL) you can convert your jar into a cod and load it before attempting to load your target app. I did note that omitting the "-library" flag would still create a cod file but then you get a no class def problem invoking your target app ( which still compiles as the compiler doesn't know what is discoverable on your target phone).
11-18-2008 07:21 AM
If you are sure the JAR and JAD which you have is working fine on any mobile device, keep the same JAR and JAD on a web server and try downloading on BB directly.