Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Inability to Delete Applications from 8900 SImulator

[ Edited ]

Cannot delete apps from 8900 using normal methods.

Platform is Eclipse w/Ganymeade and 4.7 installed.

Workspace is 4.7.

New Configuration is set to use 8900 for the simulator.

PC is running XP Pro with latest service pack and all updates.

DMP files exist in Eclipse plugins directory as well as RIM's simulator directory in C:\programs.

Ran clean bat.

Started Eclipse and all application files were there -- expected only the one running at the time.

Ran clean bat again.

Ran search routine from start menu for *.dmp files and found files were still in RIM's simulator directory.

Deleted them.

Went to Recycle bin and deleted everything.

Re-ran search and found no dmp files anywhere on machine.

Loaded Eclipse again, ran the app  and when 8900 simulator came up, all the old applications were still there.

I'm out of ideas.

Anyone know what else to try?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Inability to Delete Applications from 8900 SImulator

in the simulator go to options->advanced options-> applications->modules(in menu)- find your program and delete it

then delete it from workspace (specially cod,jar,ddebug and alx files)

restart the sim it will be clear of the app(I hope so)

if not the last try is to erase all simulator files using an options available in JDE simulator , in eclipse blackberry tab in IDE

simulator files include all filessystem files, SD card and  NVM

try it!!

mark it when it "solved" and give kudoes who helps you

My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Inability to Delete Applications from 8900 SImulator

[ Edited ]

Your solution did the trick with some small  differences regarding removing the project references within the simulator itself and in the file extensions involved.

The BB 8900 simulator doesn't handle removal of applications in exactly the way you documented.  It has an menu option in the download folder screen that allows you to directly remove applications -- which I had tried previously but they still came back.

I did it anyway and then, per your suggestion,  I went to the folder on the PC where the simulator files are stored which, if a person accepts  the defaults when they install the 8900 simulator,  has this path:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Smartphone SImulators 4.6.1\

Left double-click on the folder to expose the files stored there.

Delete the four files with the .dmp extension and then all files associated with all projects showing up in the download folder page on the 8900 simulator. This includes any project you want to still be there since that will be rebuilt once project is run again in Eclipse.

There are a few more files than those mentioned in the solution:  For anyone who reads this posting, the files you want to delete have this structure:  <Project Name>  .cod,  .csl,  .cso,  .debug,  .jar,  .alx.

Delete only the .cod,  .csl,  .cso,  .debug,  .jar,  .alx files associated with all the projects in the 8900's download folder screen plus the four .dmp files -- nothing else.

Your suggestion is the solution and I appreciate you taking the time to reply.