Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Incoming Call Implementation Question

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me implement a feature on the application I am currently designing.

Mainly I would like it so that while inside the application, if someone calls whose number is recognized in the application database itself, it with bring up the profile of that identified person on top of the other screens but once the call session has been terminated, the profile declaration is terminated.

I searched through the class libraries with no such luck, any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Incoming Call Implementation Question

You need to implement PhoneListener:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/phone/PhoneListener.html

Then you may need to push a global screen over the phone screen in order to show your profile screen.

On callDisconnected, pop the global screen.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful