Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Inside and outside firewall exception from filesystem?

I am getting a very strange exception when accessing the filesystem: application has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall. I've read DB-00104 in the knowledgebase about this exception. And initially, this was an issue with HTTP connections--namely, my application used to connect to web services using the default MDS method and now uses direct TCP. However, I have completely wiped this device twice and even got a new one to test with. Now on both devices the error only happens if two things are true: my code accesses the file system and the firewall is enabled. I never see this exception when opening HTTP connections any more. Disabling the firewall makes the problem go away altogether. Based on the information in the knowledgebase article, I don't see any reason why accessing the filesystem produces this error. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Andy
Developer

Re: Inside and outside firewall exception from filesystem?

Hi,

a piece of your code would maybe helpful...?

Regards,

Jochen

Developer

There is similar Thread here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=10319&query.id=17...

In that case, the poster was using internal (BES/MDS) connections and so the file store was considered 'outside' the firewall.  I'm not sure if that was the internal or external SDCard.

In your case, the connection is external, so it seems the processing assumes the whatever SDCard you are using is internal to the firewall.

It seems the result is the same.

New Developer

Thanks Peter. I will post to the other thread to keep all the info in one place.