Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Install app in device

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I have  curve 9360 ( OS.7.0 ) . I want to install one app for testing. that application is built in eclipse with BB jre 5.0.. when i tried to add alx file its showing me error.. pls pls help me

My app is signed .Desktop manager version is 6.1.0.36 (bundle 38)

Error : "No additional applications can be found.Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list,are not compatible for your device or have errors"

bb error.png

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300-Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Install app in device

This usually happens when the desktop manager has been recently updated with the latest ones..

try using java loader from the command prompt.

refer here: http://www.inteist.com/2010/09/load-cod-file-to-blackberry-using-javaloader/

-Abhijit

Regular Contributor

Thanks abijit

Thanks a lot !! i tried installing with java loader And its working now !!

Developer

I have not seen this as a result of updating DTM.

In my experience, there are a variety of reasons for this behavior.  And the DTM does not tell you what is wrong which doesn't help.

I would start by making absolutely sure that the alx points correctly to the associated cod file and they are present.  The way I do that is to make sure that there are no directory specification on the files in the alx and that the alx and files are in the same directory.

You also need to look at any 'requires' that has been defined in the alx.

I have also found is that if you install an app on one device and then swap devices, the DTM can get its knickers in a twist.  It seems it was set up for home users who only have one device.  So try to use it with just one device.  If anything odd starts happening when you use another device. connect to the old device, delete anything off it that is causing difficulty and then try adding to the other device.

Finally don't delete an alx from the file system when the DTM thinks that alx is still in use on a device.  If you want to move the directory or the location that al alx is in, make sure it is not being referenced in the DTM first - delete it completely first (which means you will have to delete the app from one device).  This last one is the one that gets me most frequently.  You can recover, if you put the alx (and only the alx) back where DTM thinks it is, then it will reappear on the list and you can delete it, then add it back where it should be.

Javaloader is a useful tool, however it is really only a development tool.  I actually never use it.  I always try to replicate the way my users are trying the app.

Currently my favored installation method is to put the jad and cods on the SD Card, then use the Explore menu item in the Media application to find the jad, then just click on that. 

Regular Contributor

I agree that there are various reasons.. I happen to purposely update,test & re-install the prev DTM java uploaders couple of times to see if this is the cause.

However ..check if all information at your end is correctly configured as per peter's reply.

-Abhijitb

Regular Contributor

Thanks peter for your suggestion. Am using DTM with only one device.. i freshly installed new DTM and connected my curve 9360.. got regonised properly.. still am not able to upload my cod file.. actually my device OS is 7.0 and i have build app in OS 5.0 BB jre. my alx parameters are as follows..

<loader version="1.0">
	<application id="TEST">
		<name >
			TestApp
		</name>
		<description >
			Testing Application
		</description>
		<version >
		</version>
		<vendor >
			testing vendor
		</vendor>
		<copyright >
			Copyright (c) 2011 testing
		</copyright>
		<fileset Java="1.49" _blackberryVersion="[5.0.0,)">
			<directory >
			</directory>
			<files >
				ITVG.cod

</files>

</fileset>

</application>

</loader>

Please help to solve this issue

Thanks in advance

Developer

You have specified a directory in the alx.  Try it without.  You only really need to do things like that when you have multiple versions for specific OS's, and then you need some other stuff in the alx too.

So you should have this:

<files >
ITVG.cod
</files>
</fileset>

And the alx and the ITVG.cod shouldbe in in the same directory. 

Make sure you delete this from the list you see in DTM first if it is there (I don't think it will be). 

Regular Contributor

Thanks peter,

I tried doing wat u told.. here is my alx params

<loader version="1.0">
	<application id="test">
		<name >
			Test app
		</name>
		<description >
			test description
		</description>
		<version >
		</version>
		<vendor >
			bb developer
		</vendor>
		<copyright >
			Copyright (c) 2011 developer
		</copyright>

<files >
				ITVG.cod
			</files>

</fileset>

</application>

</loader>

i placed .alx,.cod,.jad and jar files in a  folder in desktop and browsed those files from DTM. still i got same error message.. i tried by placing this folder in sd card and goto menu, used explore option to install jad file.. for t hat i got error lik "907 Invalid COD file not found " .

my cod file is of 1 mb and jar size is 2 mb..

alx file is getting created in deliverables/standard

cod file getting created in deliverables/standard/5.0.0

in simulator everything is working fine.. am able to upload using javaloader.exe to device also.. but i want to upload as my users wil try.. please help me.

Regular Contributor

If im not wrong, your target OS is v7.0,

Try creating project cod file using BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.5.0 and then upload using DTM.

- Abhijit
Developer

As an experiment, you could try unziping your cod file and listing all the sibling cod files in the alx.  Don't see why that would work, but then I can't see why what you have does not work either....