Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Installed app not launching

[ Edited ]

Hi

I build an app with JRE 5.0.0.25  (using BlackBerry Java plugin for Eclipse) and installed it to Curve 9300

running 5.0.0.832 with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.0.11.

I get the success message and app shows in the application list also. But when I click on app icon, there is no response. I restarted the device also but still it does'nt work. (App runs correctly in simulator)

I read one forum post which says app may need to be signed. Earlier, app was installed over the air with a link to jad file and it was unsigned but it ran successfully

Can someone please give me an idea what can be the problem ?

Regards

Developer

Re: Installed app not launching

We're going to need more info to assist.

Can you run with the debugger attached?

Or you might try downloading the device event log using javaloader.

If an app runs on the sim, but not the device, some possible trouble areas are 1) app permissions, 2) compiler vs. OS mismatch, 3) access of secure API but the app is not signed

Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

Please sign your COD before installing on the device, if your application is using any of the Secure APIs. In the Javadocs, the secure API's are identified in the class summary:

Category
Signed: This element is only accessible by signed applications. If you intend to use this element, please visitBlackBerry - Java Code Signing Key to obtain a set of code signing keys. Code signing is only required for applications running on BlackBerry smartphones; development on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators can occur without code signing.

New Developer

Problems window is showing that signing is needed for some classes. I will try signing the app and then run it.

Thanks for your time

New Developer

Problems window is showing that signing is needed for some classes. I will try signing the app and then run it.

Thanks for your time