Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Personal

Installing big (2Mb) application to emulator

Hi! I have an application with something like 2 mb of resource files. As the application is big enough, when I package it, the packager creates a lot of .cod files of 50kb each.

When I try the application on the emulator, it doesn't appear to install. It just doesn't display on the installed applications list. I also tried uploading the cod, jad and jar files to my homepage and downloading and installing (through the jad file, accessing it with the web browser) in the emulator, but still nothing.

I don't have an actual Blackberry device to try the application there. Smiley Sad

What should I do? is 2 Mb too much?  Smiley Sad

thanks a lot!

silencer

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telefonica

Re: Installing big (2Mb) application to emulator

it not the size, because i have 4Mb of resource files and i dont get a problem.

reinstall your emulator, ot try in other emulator.

ps: sorry for my english.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: 3G

Re: Installing big (2Mb) application to emulator

The simulator can handle that big app, just drag and drop the cods to the simulator's screen.

After installation, it shoud appear in the simulator's "Downloads" folder, if you can't find it, check your simulator's "options -> application management", all installed apps are listed there. If you still can't find it, maybe something wrong with you app. Post you app's link, may be we can help you.