Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Inter VM communication on BlackBerry

Quote from the previous forums:

u2.ireland

Inter VM communication on BlackBerry
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 1:52 PM

Hello all,

I am writting two applications which will reside on the same blackberry device, one of the applications will be issuing the event, say wakeup event, sleep event and so on, whereas the other is the event listener and also taking the action according the type of the event, I am wondering what is the best way to achieve this in Blackberry enironment?

Any help is much appreciated.

Sean

msohm

Re: Inter VM communication on BlackBerry
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 2:46 PM

I have replied to this discussion within our new developer forums. Please use the link below to access it. Please note that these forums will become read only in the near future, therefore new posts and replies should be posted in the new forum.

http://tinyurl.com/6oxhpa

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Developer Journal
www.blackberrydeveloperjournal.com

u2.ireland

Re: Inter VM communication on BlackBerry
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:49 AM

Hello msohm

Thank you very much fro the response, but 'Global Events and Global Event Listeners' does not work for Midlet application, my Event listenser is Midlet application, not UiApplication, any thoughts?

Sean

Since MIDlet applications do not have a background state like a BlackBerry CLDC application, you could have application A start application B as a means of notification.  The following link explains how this can be done.

How To - Launch a third party application from another third party application
Article Number: DB-00455

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800620/How_To_...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker