Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Intermittent refresh issues when scrolling up and down on 9810 + Blackberry

[ Edited ]

I am facing a strange issue with screen scrolling on 9810 device and simulator.
I have a complete order screen, which is shown when the order of the user is confirmed.

At the top there is Vertical Field Manager which contains another VerticalFieldManager ( containing Label Fields and buttonFields ) and a FlowFieldManager (containing images).
Now the problem that i am facing is that whenever i scroll the screen up and down , there are many gray lines appearing on the screen. It seems as if there is some screen refresh issue with the device. I tested on previous OS (4.5, 4.5 4.7 5.0) version, everything is working just fine on them. The problem is arising on OS version above 6.0 .

Distorted Image

While the correct screen must be like :

Img2.jpg

As you can see these gray lines appear whenevr i scroll screen up and down. Any ideas how to rectify this issue ?

Thanx in advance 

Regards,

tek3

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Intermittent refresh issues when scrolling up and down on 9810 + Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Are you seeing this on a real BlackBerry Smartphone or just in the simulator?  If you are just testing in the simulator try turning down your graphics acceleration.  To do so click on the View menu, choose Graphics Acceleration and try a lower setting.  Your video card may not meet the OpenGL requirements to support graphics acceleration, which can result in screen artifacts like you describe.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.