Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Introducing the BlackBerry Developer Resource Center!

Today, the BlackBerry Developer Relations team is happy to announce the beta launch of the new Developer Resource Center, and I wanted to share the details with you here on the blog.... Read more here.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Introducing the BlackBerry Developer Resource Center!

Looks nice.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

It looks nice...and I appreciate the knowledge articles, free tools, samples, and web videos...

HOWEVER, IMHO - I'd like to see RIM spend more time on addressing the "Issues" filed and

making sure that peoples questions in this forum are answered...

As it stands right now, I have filed several "Issues" and to date - only 1 reply...some have been

filed for quite some time and I've given up getting an answer...

Alot of times questions are filed here that could ONLY be answered by RIM or if you are lucky

enough to find a previous topic where a RIM person replied...

I have numerous filings here that have been looked at quite a bit, but never responded to - mostly

because they were "advanced" in subject and more focused at what is possible in the RIM OS...

So - all the nice, flash screens are "fluffy" and "nice" - but for alot of people here I think they'd like

to see faster/deeper responses from RIM as to our issues both in here and the "Issues" DB....

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yahoo........  Smiley Very Happy

Developer
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Airtel

I agree with Ted that RIM developers shall address most of the open issues that are pending and also RIM developers shall interact with the community frequently and shall need to addresss the community members doubts and clear the confusions/mis-conceptions that community members have on RIM API.

Best Regards,

Sudhakar Chavali

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

After a cursory inspection, it's not quite what I was looking for, so I'm a little disappointed, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I thought the idea was to build a wiki?

Anyway, thanks for taking the initiative to start a project like this,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Agree with Dominic. It wasn't quite what I was looking for either especially since the posts have to be moderated by RIM.

While the idea of this is great, it only means delays for information to be put up promptly in my opinion.

Great work though. Progress is progress and we're getting there.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

JCarty wrote:

Agree with Dominic. It wasn't quite what I was looking for either especially since the posts have to be moderated by RIM.

While the idea of this is great, it only means delays for information to be put up promptly in my opinion.

Great work though. Progress is progress and we're getting there.

Anyone with a forum account is able to add a comment to a developer knowledge base article and have it appear immediately. So you can add information to an article and it will be available to the rest of the community right away.

RIM will review the comments and apply the appropriate ones to the article body itself, along with reviewing submissions for new articles, which need to be approved before they become live.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

It would be nice if we could sort. Chronological entries in a knowledge base is counter-intuitive, I think.

Also, I'm not so sure about other users being able to see content immediately. I wrote an article entitled "Simulating GPS Location" in the Testing and Deployment section, but the board says it is unpublished. I can still find and view it, but I'm not sure other users can (can somebody confirm this for me?).

I know I sound rather nit-picky at this point, but I really do appreciate the inclusion of the resource center. We just need to work out the kinks.

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Maybe I did it wrong but I couldn't find your article DAquilina.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.