Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Invoke SMS / Email default view quesstion

I need to show either the default view of the Email message list or the SMS message list. I can do this by using ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().runApplication(apDes[x]);

However with this method the previously viewed message screen will display. For example if the user was viewing the sms message list previously and then through my app wanted to look at the email list the above command is issued and the SMS message list screen will be displayed. However, if the user was looking the email message list last and the same command is issued then the email list will pop up.

How can I launch either the EMail message list screen(inbox) or the SMS message list correctly. I'm not trying to compose a new message, just display the screen as if the user hit the messages icon or the sms/mms icon on the homescreen. (9530)

Thanks again for your help
Developer

Re: Invoke SMS / Email default view quesstion

To open inbox just use Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_MESSAGES , new MessageArguments());
Developer

Re: Invoke SMS / Email default view quesstion

Hi. Thanks for you reply.
Yes, I can do that but how do I make it differentiate between SMS inbox and EMail inbox?
Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Invoke SMS / Email default view question

The BlackBerry API set does not contain support for launching the Messages application to a specific folder, so this is not currently supported.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker