Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Invoking SMS in a midlet

Hi All,

I tried a simple midlet(using BB jde 4.7). It just invokes the blackberry sms client with populated to field and message. I am able to successfully invoke sms client and send sms. (I am invoking in a seperate thread). But when i hit escape/close the sms client, i get security exception. I tried debugging but no help. I tried in various emulators like storm 9530, bold 9700 and curve 8900. I compiled the app in blackberry jde 4.7. i tried clean.bat, no help. In my emulator, edit preference-->simultor-->general-->device security is disabled. I also changed all the settings in security to null. Still no help. 

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Developer

Re: Invoking SMS in a midlet

Hi,

Someone can help me in this? 

Thanks in advance

Developer

Hi,

I somehow understood why this security exception occurs. its because, when i hit escape from my midlet, it actually invokes the System.exit(0) method. Which will through the security exception. Is there anyway to handle to this event? I tried keylistener but it doesn't work. Is there anyother work around?

Thanks in advance

Developer

Hi,

Is it a bug in blackberry or is there any workarounds? Please throw some light on it.

Thanks in advance