Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: NA

Invoking/calling another app and adding a splat to another app.

Hi all,

My colleague and I are working on a project that has two applications: a GUI written in Javascript in webworks and a background listener written in Java in Eclipse.

Here is the case: My app listens for a push message and when received writes a message to a message list and shows it in the notification message section. First I would like it to add a splat NOT to my application icon, but to HIS javascript application icon if it is possible to do so. Also, If the user then clicks on the message in the notifications section, I would like to invoke his GUI app into the foreground NOT mine.

So, basically, is it at all possible to write code in my java app to add a splat to his GUI app and to invoke his app into the foreground.

My app should be a background GUIless app that will run only in the background as a listener therefore it will not have an icon and will be autostarted. It also has other functions that don't require a GUI. 

Thanks for your time!